Today's smart security installations are becoming increasingly more intelligent. Even so, it’s still easy to forget to perform easy security duties like arming your a home security system, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
What if you never had to remember doing these tasks again? When utilizing geofencing in Mobile, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Mobile For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual border around your house, which you can customize within your cell phone app. This convenient tool then uses your cell phone to see when you go beyond the border and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices take advantage of to share information with one another. This technological advancement assists your home security by putting all components onto a single network. You can institute a unique boundary along the perimeter of your house and designate particular actions as you go past the specified border.
For example, as soon as you leave your property, you could program your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing will notify your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your your temperature settings.
Below are several of the devices you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices including TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your property’s security system in Mobile. When you download the mobile app, you have the ability to make the most of home automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you can:
● Set schedules: set your smart devices to operate at predetermined times. Direct various lights to dim to signal that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your home’s alarm as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make specific components activate in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the exhaust fan when a smoke detector is set off. Or switch on your hallway lighting when your security camera senses strange movements outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Design scenes featuring various devices that function in unison. Make your smart bulbs lower, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks engage at the end of the day. Or program the system for movie night with preset light and HVAC adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to set your alarm when you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Mobile
Whether you desire additional reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (251) 207-7344 or complete the following form to start designing your ideal security system.