Home security cameras can solely be installed as a hindrance—a display that informs would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to tighten your home’s defenses.
Fortunately, today’s security cameras come outfitted with a number of features all tailor-made to provide total protection for your family. Whether it’s recording capabilities and two-way audio or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these features enable you to get the most from video surveillance in Mobile.
How To Set Up Your Mobile Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to optimizing your video surveillance is mounting your devices in the right places around your house. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in common areas like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a great move to install a camera pointed at main hallways, stairs, or other common areas intruders would have to enter through to reach the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras work best to offer you a clear sightline of your patio, drive, and patio, shed, and other outdoor detached buildings, like sheds. Then access a view of your front porch through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are places within your home that aren’t quite as vital to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, placing a camera in the bedroom may impact your privacy. You can always add window or motion detectors if you want a form of security in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Security Cameras
Component placement is only the beginning in getting the utmost from home security cameras in Mobile. The additions listed below help to optimize security and boost overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic messages on your mobile device whenever abnormal movement is detected. You can also configure cameras to automatically start capturing footage when movements are discovered which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your video surveillance to capture footage and back up clips so you can view them at your convenience.
- 2-way audio: Most of current security cameras have a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually converse with anyone through the unit. With your mobile app, you can make it seem you’re home or greet your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, gives you a more comprehensive look at what where you want to protect. Opt for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120° angle lens or that can pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your video surveillance are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that will pick up footage of night-time motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the flexibility to protect single areas within your house.. For example, you can configure your exterior camera to alert you of movement occurring on your yard or your patio and disregard cars passing or the sidewalk.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, empower you to live-stream camera feeds, direct cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send instant notifications when the sense something unusual taking place around your property.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Mobile is easier. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way talk, your home security can go from merely a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (251) 207-7344 or complete the form below to get started building your security system today.